In the beginning…
A group of dedicated Lehigh Valley residents, serving on the Advisory Council of the Lehigh County Office of Children and Youth Services, founded The Fund to Benefit Children & Youth in 1991. They had observed that traditional government sources were unable to meet the basic needs of many Lehigh and Northampton County children because they had insufficient funding or were hampered by government guidelines.
Any professional working with children can apply to The Fund for assistance.
In the past nine years, The Fund to Benefit Children & Youth has helped 11,189 children throughout the Lehigh Valley
- 3,512 children received beds and cribs
- 1,627 families secured utility payments, car seats, safety gates, vacuum cleaners, and bedding
- 2,037 kids received school uniforms, winter coats, sneakers, and other clothes
- 251 kids met their health and hygiene needs
- 1,062 kids attended educational classes, after-school and camp activities
- 2,700 kids received additional help through Operation Santa Claus
…by fulfilling requests totaling $1,305,483
|Annual Report for 2021|
|Annual Report for 2020|
|Annual Report for 2019|
|Annual Report for 2018|
|Annual Report for 2017|
Every week The Fund meets needs like this:
Request #: 2022-01-LC#04
Amount Requested: $450
Request Category: Clothing
Appeal: This single mother of three, ages 10, 11, and 13, is unemployed and being treated for mental health issues. Her children have outgrown their clothes and shoes, and she can’t afford to replace them. She earns under $20,000, and receives food stamps and Medical Assistance.
Status: The Fund approved $450 for children’s clothes.